Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ph.D. in computer science, physics, mathematics, engineering, or a related discipline within the past five years, or will complete this degree prior to starting the position;
- Experience in research on AI/ML and software development;
- Ability to communicate effectively by writing scientific papers and giving technical presentations;
- Demonstrate ability to work in a group of researchers with diverse academic background;
- Committed to fostering a collaborative environment of safe scientific work practices.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Recent experience with modern NLP and LLM systems;
- Experience with modern software development systems, such as version control or continuous integration;
- Experience and/or strong interest in X-ray experiments or nano-science.
BNL policy requires that after obtaining their PhD, eligible candidates for research associate appointments may not exceed a combined total of 5 years of relevant work experience as a post-doc and/or in an R&D position, excluding time associated with family planning, military service, illness or other life-changing events.
Brookhaven National Laboratory and the Energy and Photon Sciences Directorate are committed to your success. We offer a supportive work environment and the resources necessary for you to succeed.
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes, but is not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Care Plans
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time-off and Leave Programs (vacation, holidays, sick leave, paid parental leave)
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Tuition Assistance, Training and Professional Development Programs
- Employee Fitness/Wellness & Recreation: Gym/Basketball Courts, Weight Room, Fitness Classes, Indoor Pool, Tennis Courts, Sports Clubs/Activities (Basketball, Tennis, Softball, Table Tennis)
- Child Development Center