Binghamton, New York
New York, New York
Lake Mary, Florida
Iowa City, Iowa
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Cary, North Carolina
Kingston, Rhode Island
- Associate's degree and two years of experience, or a combination of education and/or experience equal to four years.
- At least one (1) year of relevant experience in an IT user support field.
- Advanced support-level skills for Mac and PC hardware and software, including operating systems and standard productivity applications required.
- Awareness of/experience with business applications relevant to the designated administrative areas and ability to independently investigate, master, and support such applications required.
- Familiarity with telecommunications equipment and systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships within all levels of the organization.
- Ability to teach, mentor, and work collaboratively in a diverse work environment.
- Ability to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to be attentive to details; be accurate and precise.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to reason, maintain confidentiality, and demonstrate patience, understanding, and empathy.
- Ability to show initiative, organize workflow, manage projects, and handle frequent interruptions.
- Excellent troubleshooting and documentation skills.
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least three (3) years of relevant experience in Information Technology.
- Expertise in multiple information technology areas, such as networking, account management, security, operating systems, enterprise applications, and printing.